23 October 2006

Hello world

So I thought this'd be a nice way to document a year in london without clogging up my dear fam's inboxes - And to rediscover the ability to write after 5 years of dot dash.

whattayareckon?

So the news. On Saturday I broke my toe (note: from my quick survey of blogs that would seem to be the type of content one should include - or even more tedious).

I did break my toe, and two hours in an NHS waiting room threatened to break my faith in public medicine too.

For the toe I blame three things. 1) Geelong Football Club who encouraged me to drink beer at The Oval (not just any oval) all afternoon as they trounced the Port Adelaide scumbags. 2) India whose celebration of Diwali had me running around Aditi's flat lighting candles in preparation for her family's arrival (we were running late...... for which Aditi blames GFC). 3) my lack of respect for the foundational stength of modern day sofa beds. My pinky merely brushed the sofa base and sent me into a Kent Kingsley tumble.

The NHS eventually handed me some sticky tape to ease my pain (?) but seemed more interested in why an aussie was hobbling around their waiting room. NHS bashing is a national sport so I shall resist lest we find another sport to better the p-geezers at.

Tonight I make my first veggie lasagne. That is all for today.

No comments: